First, thank you so much for reading. Our community of writers and creatives grew by more than 100% last week! Sure, that was from 8 subscribers to 22 but…
Anyway, here’s a quick recap of some of the techniques covered last week, in case you missed it:
- If you aren’t feeling inspired, create or find deadlines.
- Find your unique voice by embracing your guilty pleasures.
- Forget talent. Before you start writing good stories, learn to tell yourself the right stories.
This week: I want to talk to you about an issue that is near and dear to me these days: Storytelling robots!
Yes, that’s right, they’re here. And they’re set to change the landscape of writing forever.
These are the conversations I’m starting this week:
- Tomorrow morning, I’ll post my reflections on Wired’s latest feature, “What Happens When an Algorithm Helps Write Science Fiction?” and raise the question: how would you feel if you found out a story you love was written by a computer program?
2. On Thursday morning, I’ll be posting about the Associated Press’s latest study on the role of journalists in an automated newsroom. Question being: what type of journalism would you only read from a human journalist?
3. On Saturday, I’ll look at an interesting article by the Harvard Business Review on the future of automation in the workforce. This is the question I’m most excited about: what type of work is exclusive to humans? And how do we get better at that work??
Please read and comment! I’m excited to hear and learn from you.
Also, sign up for my email list! I’ll be sending some exclusive free content there soon.
See you tomorrow!